- DISCLAIMERS All submissions must be accompanied by a complete disclaimer. Period. If a
suitable disclaimer is not included, the site administrators reserve the right
to add a disclaimer. If you can't remember to do this, your posting privileges will be suspended until such time you can follow this simple rule. Sample DisclaimerDisclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
- CATEGORIES Stories must be submitted to the proper category. PLEASE, DO NOT keep adding your story under different categories. The submission form allows you to choose multiple categories for your story, and the software builders worked very hard to add that functionality for all of us. So please do NOT add your story multiple times!
- TITLES AND SUMMARIES Titles and summaries must be kid friendly. Period. "Please read", "Untitled", etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries. And while it may be cute to say "sorry, I suck at summaries! Just read! LOL", it is very annoying. We've all been there, brain dead after slaving over a new story only to come up with zilch when it's time to write a summary. Ask for help! Ask an administrator or a fic buddy.
- CEASE AND DESIST ZONE, or HERE BE MONSTERS! A number of real-life authors, you know, the kind that have permanent residences on the New York Times' Best Sellers' List? - have requested that fans refrain from writing fan fiction based on their work. THE NERVE! Therefore submissions will not be accepted based on the works of P.N. Elrod, Raymond Feist, Terry Goodkind, Laurell K. Hamilton, Anne McCaffrey, Robin McKinley, Irene Radford, Anne Rice, and Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb.
- HUKT ON FONEX WERKD FER ME! Kerect grammer and spellink is exspected of all storys scent to this sight. The cite aminastraders izn't a bunch of grammer Notsees. Except for that one time when... nevermind! Seriously though, correct grammar and spelling is a big deal here at Loose Lugs. The site administrators reserve the right to request corrections in submissions with a multitude of grammar and/or spelling errors. If you ignore their constructive criticism, feel they are 'picking on you' because 'they don't like me/my driver/my story', or otherwise just don't give a flying banana, expect to have your posting privileges revoked and your IP address blocked. Sorry, but them's the rules.
- RATINGS AND WARNINGS All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings. All adult rated stories are expected to have warnings. After all, they wouldn't have that rating if there wasn't something to be warned about! The site administrators recognize that there is an audience for these stories, but please respect those who do not wish to read them by labeling them appropriately. Please note: Stories containing adults having sex with minors are strictly forbidden. Besides that, it's against the law and anyone doing so should meet his or her maker after a brief meeting out back with a firing squad. I'm just sayin'...
- ONE STORY WITH MULTIPLE CHAPTERS Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact the site administrator or ask a fic buddy for help.
- SPOILER WARNINGS As much as possible, spoiler warnings are expected on all stories that touch on specific subjects: MAIN CHARACTER DEATH, RAPE, SUICIDE (implied or actual), VIOLENT ABUSE, VIOLENT SEX ABUSE, OR DRUG USE. An appropriate spoiler warning to place in your summary could be: Race Driver Death. DO NOT do anything like this: Brad Keselowski dies in this one.
VIOLATORS Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the site administrators and/or moderators. The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules as needed.